The Travelling Cake Addict

25 September 2011

Eggs N' Things - Waikiki


"Eat Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." 

Breakfast to me is the most important meal of the day. Fuel up that tank and your good to go. It is also my favourite mealtime as I see it as great opportunity to have something sweet as your main meal! I guess that's the cake addict in me speaking right?







I came across Eggs n things on a couple of foodie blogs I was reading. Breakfast all day everyday?? Why not?! I was lucky to visit this amazing restaurant in June when visiting Hawaii. Situated just off Kalakua Avenue, it is only a 10-15 minute walk from the Dukes statue on Waikiki beach. Be prepared to wait...there was a lot of people waiting outside to be seated and eager for their buzzers to go off (which indicated their seats was ready). We had a good 30 minute wait before we was seated. Dont let this dishearten you, the food is definatley worth it.
The restaurant is homely and unpretentious. The staff had bright floral aloha shirts and went around with a big smile. Not a white table cloth kind of place, more like a easy going diner. The menu is big, so you will be extremely spoilt for choice, you will have a hard time deciding what to have (so have a look whilst you are waiting to be seated). They are definitely not shy when it comes to the portion sizes, I left (rolled out) extremely full. They served eggs, any style and a selection of meat including the Hawaiian favourite SPAM! The best thing on the menu for me was the fluffy, cakey, yummy pancakes. They serve meat and eggs with a side of pancakes. That's 3 thick and fluffy pancakes topped off with a healthy ruffle of whipped cream. It doesn't stop there...pancakes can be topped with fruit or macadamia nuts OR you can have crepes as an alternative. They serve three kinds of syrup for your pancakes, coconut, maple and my favourite guava! They also have specials like Hawaiian fried rice or special omelette's. Don't get me started on the dinner menu!
Scrambled eggs and Portuguese Sausages

I miss Eggs N' Things! and on that note I am really craving some pancakes now....

Address:
343 Saragota Road,
Honolulu,
Oahu,
HI 96815

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails