The Travelling Cake Addict

9 May 2010

Sunday Roast at The Prince Albert*

Location - The Prince Albert Pub - 11 Pembridge Road, London, W11 3HQ.
Website

Photos by - Me & My Berry. (sorry for the poor quality)

Sundays with Jamie* normally ends up with a big cup of coffee somewhere near home. This particular Sunday was a treat, we both had a big craving for a traditional Roast, complete with all the trimmings like roasted potatoes, veg, hot gravy and of course a fluffy crispy Yorkshire pud'. We both were starving and in need of a good heavy meal so Jamie took me to The Prince Albert Pub right in the heart of Notting Hill. Its not often we get to have a Sunday Roast, so you could imagine the excitement.

The Prince Albert is a vintage yet chic pub literally round the corner from Notting Hill tube station. Serving the usual punters, Notting Hillians and tourists, you get a good feel from the mix of people enjoying a good old pint or hearty pub grub. I loved the nostalgic smell of the old oak wood floors and the large heated garden, definitely a key element for a lazy Sunday.


Roasts are only served on a Sunday and you have a choice of beef, loin of pork, chicken and vegetarian, all of which is served with roast veg, mash, Yorkshire pudding and lashings of gravy. They have other options in their menu, ranging from fish and chips to steak pies and burgers. They are certainly generous with their servings, which will leave you very full. I had the Beef and Jamie opted for the veggie. I was not let down and enjoyed every single bite. I love my Sundays with my Jammy girl.


Matured Rump of Beef with roast potatoes, mash, sauteed leeks, french beans, roasted carrots and horseradish sauce.

Nut Roast with roast potatoes, mash, sauteed leeks, french beans, roasted carrots and beetroot and horseradish chutney.

TUCK IN! GET IN ME BELLY!

*Jamie is my best friend from nappyhood. My sister from another mother.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails